Selling Your Boat? - Bring your boat to Preston Marina and we really can help you!
We are actively seeking quality and well prepared boats to sell - we are currently experiencing good levels of demand for certain types of boat and so we have put together an ALL NEW BROKERAGE SCHEME to help match boats with new owners here at Preston Marina.
An overview of our new BROKERAGE SCHEME...
* Ultra low sales commission rates between 2.5% and 6% + VAT (depending on boat value).
* Buyers get a minimum of 3 months FREE PONTOON MOORING once the boat is sold - really helps a new owner settle in with their boat.
* Buyers get a good discount in our chandlery while the boat is at Preston Marina.
* Buyers get a good discount off our RYA Training Courses.
* Alternatively, WE MAY CONSIDER BUYING YOUR BOAT FOR CASH.
AND...A SPECIAL INCENTIVE FOR BOATS BROUGHT TO PRESTON MARINA SPECIFICALLY FOR BROKERAGE....
HALF PRICE PONTOON MOORING for the seller while the boat is listed on brokerage at Preston Marina (paid in the form of a refund at the point of sale)
- A superb location for viewing boats - 5 miles from M6—easily reached by millions of people
- Open 7 days per week.
- Preston is roughly halfway by road between the Hamble and the Clyde.
- Secure display areas ashore or afloat.
Details of all brokerage boats displayed in the marina building - thorough sales descriptions prepared.
Widespread internet advertising.
- Family run business since 1986.
- Members of the British Marine Federation since 1986.
- ABYA qualified yacht broker
- RYA Training Centre - Discounts on training courses for brokerage boat buyers.
Semi-residential berths available - can be very attractive for liveaboard type boats, especially narrowboats.
We are especially seeking;
Inland motor cruisers (Viking / Shetland / Freeman / Norman etc...)
Fishing/cruisers (Hardy / Arvor / Merry Fisher / Beneteau Antares / Ocqueteau etc.)
Compact offshore cruisers (Hardy / Seaward / Channel Islands 22 /Sealine etc..)
Angling boats (Warrior / Predator / Seahog etc..)
Ski and sports boats (MasterCraft / Nautiques / Malibu / Fletcher / Bayliner etc..)
But all craft that meet our acceptance criteria are welcome.
Boat Acceptance Criteria
This service is available subject to application and acceptance by Preston Marine Services Ltd (PMS Ltd). Boats must have a minimum agreed market asking price of £5,000 or more. The asking price of the boat must be agreed by Preston Marine Services Ltd (PMS Ltd).
Boats must be in good, marketable condition with all relevant documentation (CE/RCD approval, proof of VAT paid, bills of sale, maintenance history), with all personal items removed, engines and systems serviced, road trailer (if applicable) professionally serviced, all inventory that will be part of the description tested, present and correct and the boat must be thoroughly valeted and and ideally with the antifouling renewed prior to being put on the market.
The half-price mooring fee feature only apply to boats that have not been berthed at Preston Marina for a minimum of 12 months prior to arrival and are placed with our brokerage service within 14 days of arrival at Preston Marina.
Upon successful application, a Brokerage Agreement between PMS Ltd (Broker) and the Vendor will be prepared and signed by both parties. A £100 administration fee is charged by PMS Ltd at this time. This fee is refunded to the vendor upon a completed sale of the boat through PMS Ltd. Boats at Preston Marina under our Summer Berthing Deal are not eligible for these brokerage terms.
We have prepared a 15 point "Seller's Checklist" to help you prepare you boat for sale properly. CLICK HERE
Our sales commission rates...
Boats of value £5,000 - £19,999 6% + VAT (Subject to a £300 + VAT minimum)
Boats of value £20,000 - £99,999 5% + VAT
Boats of value over £100,000 2.5% + VAT
TO DISCUSS THE SALE OF YOUR BOAT PLEASE CONTACT PRESTON MARINA.
EMAIL or PHONE 01772 733595